Friday, 17 July 2015

Danse Macabre - now drying out.






























Still very much in progress. It's drying now and will have its first firing soon. The colours will change once it's glazed. We're some way from that yet and there's plenty can go wrong, so I'm not going to speculate. I'm working a smaller pot at the moment, just to give myself a rest. These large, ambitious, complicated ones are incredibly stressful, particularly in warm weather. They threaten to dry out so painting with slip would have to stop. Thankfully the hot weather held off just long enough. I suspect it may be advisable to stick to smaller works in the Summer. Since making this pot and working on the smaller one, I have been amusing myself writing absurd, bawdy, seaside rhymes about politicians. I now know that writing nonsense is one of the hardest forms there is. Weidly, it has to make complete sense before it works as nonsense. That hadn't occurred to me. I may post them. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment